Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just Another Look

OK, so I woke up this morning and the new was blaring. Michael Jackson was on again. I have always been a fan and I still liked him after his alleged molestation, but I find it to be quite ridiculous that nobody wanted anything to do with him after he had been brought to court, and as soon as he dies people are tributing him...What about Farrah Fawcett? Nobody has even come close to making as much of a huge deal about her death. If you or I were to die right this very second, it wouldn't be announced on the news, well unless we died of something extreme. I just don't think that we should make a such a huge deal about things that happen everyday. Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Mr. Rogers, all of those people were just the same as us. Their having money doesn't make them any better than the rest of us.

I truly admire the people that get up everyday and go to work. The economy is horrible now and I find it truly disgusting to see people that were completly capable of working sit back and get "help" from the government, when now there are people who have always worked an honest days work and can't get the help they need because they got laid off or their job got cut because there is no money. I also realize that my opinion on this doesn't matter, but every voice counts.

I find myself thinking about ways that I can help the world. I think about the starving people, and not just children but people young and old. I think about the homeless and the people that are fighting to be able to marry the one that they love. Something that I think needs to be changed is that we are hypocrites. Americans can go into other countries and tell them what they are doing is wrong, but how are we any better? People here are murdered, our government is corrupt. We have flaws in our own system and its not right for us to criticize another country for having flaws.

We feed the children in Africa, what about the children here? I mean we spend all kinds of money making sure that everybody else is ok, but we forget about our own. Why?

Hopefully I made you think today. I am thirteen years old and I have a lot to say. This is one of many blogs to come.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog!!! and you have alot of good observations. All I can say is to fallow the money trail and it will lead you to the answer. Nationalism is dead,and people are hypocrites because most are not concious of their own actions or thoughts....I think you are on to something...Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete